Orthopedic & Podiatry Clinic
Orthopedic Scope of Practice:
Evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and consultation for patients of all ages to correct or treat various conditions, illnesses, and injuries of the extremities, spine, and associated structures by medical, surgical, and physical means. To be available as consultants for the fleet medical providers for any musculoskeletal related questions or concerns.
- NHC Lemoore:
- Outpatient surgery center with three operating rooms same-day surgeries only (i.e. arthroscopy, minor fractures such as ankle or hand fractures).
- Adventist Health Hanford, CA
- In patient admission, joint replacement, osteotomies or large fracture work.
What Services do we Provide?
What services we DO NOT provide:
- General Orthopedic Surgeon / Physician Assistant in Orthopaedic Surgery (Ortho PA-C)
- Closed and Open management of fractures: Neck down, except ribs.
- Foot and ankle injuries: Achilles tendon rupture, fracture, instability…
- Knee, Ankle and Shoulder Arthroscopy and related procedures
- Ligament reconstructions of the knee and ankle
- Tendon repair and/or transfer
- Joint arthroplasty (replacement) Surgery
- Intraarticular Corticosteroid injections
- Intraarticular Viscosupplementation injections
- Deformity correction
- Protein Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Diagnosis and management of intraarticular joint infection, osteomyelitis
- deep sub fascial abscess, or septic bursitis.
- Diabetic Foot concerns/evaluation
- Deformity, flat foot or cavus foot
- Custom orthotics
- Forefoot issues: ingrown toes, toe fractures
- Chronic issues: OA, Gout, Tendinosis.
- Hip Arthroscopy: We can consult, and evaluate however surgery will be referred out in town.
- Spine: We can consult and evaluate after appropriate work up and non-operative modalities met *Concerns for Cauda Equina should be referred immediately to ER*
- Tumor: We can consult and work up bone and soft tissue lesions but will refer anything remotely suspicious
- Manage metabolic bon disease: (Osteoporosis)
- Management of chronic pain, or pain syndromes
- Management of chronic medical illness or medications
Podiatry Scope of Practice:
Our podiatrist provides podiatry services in the Orthopedic Clinic at Naval Health Clinic Lemoore to medically and surgically treat conditions of the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg.
Services Include but are not limited to the following:
- Ingrown Toenail removal
- Bunion removal
- Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Verrucous Lesion
- Hammer Toes
- Flat Foot
- Shockwave Therapy
EXCLUSIONS: Treatment of diabetic foot ulcers.